The Pittsburgh producer introduces ten new aliases on the new wave and EBM-flavoured full-length.
The Pittsburgh producer told Resident Advisor the tracks are from the last decade or so and were a "vacation from techno and kin... to reverse engineer how people I respect and admire do things." Rudiman introduces new aliases like EMAX EMOTION, FIRE CHILDREN and FUNKPUNX on the ten-track LP, which seems to channel his EBM and new wave influences.
"They are songs in the classical sense," Rudiman said. "Not tracks. Verses, chorus, bridge, solo, etc. I wrote songs for eight years before I got into techno."
Rudiman put out an EP on Tresor, Autonomic Pilot, earlier this year.
He also has a collaborative EP with Jordan GCZ—with whom he performed live at Dekmantel 2018—as well as a solo double-LP on the way via Pittsburgh Tracks. We'll have more information on those releases as its available.
01. EMAX EMOTION - Its All Lies (Between You And Me)
02. FIRE CHILDREN - State Change!
03. WILD FASHION! - Kiss Me While I Drown
04. DER KLANG UND DIE HISS - Antenni Tranzmit
05. ANDROGENOUS MACHINE CODE - Static (Static Mix)
06. SHROUD OF LINN - In The Valley
07. EMAX EMOTION - Can't Tell Love
08. BASTION - 23rd Century Soul
09. FUNKPUNX - Funky Destination
10. KONSUMATE - Burn It All Down
11. THE GOLDEN AGE - Hero Killers
6th Finger is out now.