Join The Future: UK Bleep & Bass 1988-91 is out on March 25th.
The first release, Join The Future: UK Bleep & Bass 1988-91, is curated by author and journalist Matt Anniss and serves as a companion to his latest book, Join The Future: Bleep Techno And The Birth Of British Bass Music, which opens with a foreword by the Optimo member.
The 12-track compilation includes a mix of rarities and unreleased music from British bleep and bass's peak in the late '80s and early '90s, featuring material by Unique 3 & The Mad Musician, Cabaret Voltaire, Ital Rockers, Nightmares on Wax, Tuff Little Unit and more.
Read an excerpt of Anniss's book, which is inspired by his 2014 RA feature on Britain's first bass revolution.
Listen to "Labyrinthe" by Demonik.
01. Unique 3 & The Mad Musician - Only The Beginning
02. Demonik - Labyrinthe
03. Original Clique - Come To Papa
04. Nexus 21 - Self-Hypnosis (Mr Whippy Mix)
05. Cyclone - A Place Called Bliss (Dub Mix)
06. 100 Hz - Low Frequency Overload (Subsonic Mix)
07. Cabaret Voltaire - Easy Life (Jive Turkey Mix)
08. Alfanso - Dub Feels Nice (Version 4)
09. Ital Rockers - Dreams
10. Man Machine - Animal (DJ Martin & DJ Homes’ Primordial Jungle Mix)
11. Nightmares On Wax - 21st Kong
12. Tuff Little Unit - Join The Future (Original Instrumental Mix)
Cease & Desist will release Join The Future: UK Bleep & Bass 1988-91 on March 25th, 2020.
Photo credit: Alexis Maryon (JD Twitch),