Beginning like any number of records released on Clink, "Speeding Around the Universe" glides by on muted, syncopated chords and a solid kick before dub atmospherics blast things off. As you'd expect, no sound drifts out of place, and there's really no weak moment in the mix. The Zahn remixes, offering two different interpretations of peaktime, slot Xavier's original idea into a new context, but "Speeding" wasn't exactly in need of this sort of expansion. Rohr's "Freaksound Remix" does something a bit more interesting, toughening up the original slightly while injecting enough spaciness to keep things from getting too heavy. (A "Freakapella Traktor Tool," also included, is more or less what the title indicates.) Still, Xavier's original remains at the top of the pack, a place many of us would love to see him more often.
Tue / 24 Jan 2012
01. Speeding Around The Universe (Dustin Zahn Main Floor Remix)
02. Speeding Around The Universe (Dustin Zahn Monolith Remix)
03. Speeding Around The Universe
04. Speeding Around The Universe (Tony Rohr Freakapella Traktor Tool)
05. Speeding Around The Universe (Tony Rohr Freaksound Remix)