Superpitcher's remix is among the strongest here—unsurprising given his working relationship with Rebolledo (he's the other half of Pachanga Boys). His interpretation of "Spacer Rainbow Woman," here called "Rainboy Superspacer," retains the original's vocal coos and lilting melody, but evens out the ramshackle guitar and pawnshop drums with a droning organ and thick kicks. Jörg Burger, appearing here as The Black Frame, takes an almost art-rock approach to the same song—the strummed guitar is the centerpiece, its chords defining the song's intensity. "Life Is Strange," a Red Axes remix, mirrors its precursor's crawling tension with thudding kick-and-snare patterns and pulsing synths.
A couple of remixes are less successful. Maceo Plex's "Discótico Pléxico"—his version of Mondo Alterado's "Discótico Estático" and "Discótico Sinético"—has a nicely rolling drum pattern, but it's surrounded by too much reverb-heavy, big-room filigree for its own good. A few others, like Paulor's "Discótico Desértico," have a forced eccentricity. There's no avoiding the fact that some of Rebolledo's skewed vision is lost in a remix. Even the best tracks suffer a bit in comparison to their predecessors. But if you can judge these tracks on their own merits, you'll find that they can offer up wonders of their own.
Wed / 12 Jul 2017
01. Life Is Strange (Red Axes In The Moment Remix)
02. Black Rainbow Woman (The Black Frame Remix)
03. Discótico Pléxico (Maceo Plex Remix)
04. Discótico Desértico (Paulor Remix)
05. Rainboy Superspacer (Superpitcher Remix)
06. Pow Pow (Fango Remix)
07. A Numb Gas To The Future (DJ Tennis Pimiento Drive Version)
08. Fantastic Pow Pow (Fantastic Twins Remix)
09. Want (Danny Daze & Shokh's Fears Come Dub)
10. Discótico Simonéttico En Pánico (Mike Simonetti Remix)
11. Discótico Simonéttico Hypnótico (Mike Simonetti Remix)