But the rest fan out in intriguing fashion. Jamie Jones's "Ridge Street Remix" finds a fat, deep house groove and pretty much just keeps pressing down on it until it starts to fizz, all the while spacing the vocals out in a way that sounds natural and more haunting than in the original. Art Department's mix leans back and chills in a seemingly slightly contemplative mood, with some squinting-strobe sounds that start to do strange things after repeating a whole bunch of times. Guy Gerber's "Day & Night Remix" goes big on the latter (meaning "night") with a serious increase in speed thwacking, clacking techno drive. Most intriguing of all, in part for the way it diverges from form, is a hazy, dazed quasi-dubstep mix by Glasgow-based Sei A, who wipes almost everything in the original away but evokes it all just the same.
Fri / 27 May 2011
01. Hungry For The Power (Jamie Jones Ridge Street Remix)
02. Hungry For The Power (Art Department Remix)
03. Hungry For The Power (Guy Gerber Day & Night Remix)
04. Hungry For The Power (Sei A Remix)
05. Hungry For The Power (Dub Version)
06. Hungry For The Power