The top gigolo gets nostalgic on his latest mix CD, with tracks from Kraftwerk, Einsturzende Neubauten, Rheingold and the like.
DJ Hell has mixed the next edition of Coming Home, an eclectic compilation series on Stereo Deluxe.
Rather than coursing through new and upcoming house or techno tracks, Coming Home shows Hell flipping through some of his oldest favorites, most of which have nothing to do with club music. "The mix includes songs that have influenced me and producer as an artist, but it is above all my favorite songs by German artists," he says. The tracklist features some of the most important acts to come out of Germany in the past 20 or 30 years, from Kraftwerk to Nina Hagen to Einstürzende Neubauten. The one nod to Hell's more recent history comes in the form of "Tausend Tränen Tief" by Blumfeld, DJ Koze and Steve Bug–the rest of the album is a mixed bag of rock, early industrial and a bit of kosmische.
DJ Hell's Coming Home follows past editions by Nightmares on Wax and Nouvelle Vague among others. It's due for release at the end of this month.
01. Kraftwerk – Ohm Sweet Ohm
02. Rheingold – Dreiklangsdimensionen
03. Nina Hagen – Auf’m Friedhof
04. Einstürzende Neubauten – Kalte Sterne
05. City - Am Fenster
06. Hildegard Knef – (Ich brauch’) Tapetenwechsel
07. D.A.F. – Der Räuber und der Prinz
08. Klaus Nomi – Cold Song
09. Gilla – Der Strom der Zeit
10. Blumfeld, DJ Koze & Steve Bug – Tausend Tränen tief (Loverboy Mix)
11. Fehlfarben – Paul Ist Tot
12. Der Plan - Zurück in die Atmosphäre
13. Eberhard Schoener feat Hazel O’ Connor – Why Don’t You Answer
14. Fischer Z – Berlin
15. Ideal – Berlin
16. Ricky Shane – Mamy Blue
17. Reinhard Mey – Gute Nacht Freunde
18. Klaus Kinski – Hausverbote/ Abbruch
Stereo Deluxe will release Coming Home on April 29th 2011.