1. How important to your work do you think building great relationships with your regular DJs is?
We've thought it is very important from the start. We like our parties to have a friendly atmosphere that involves everybody. Our DJs are all very approachable, even the internationals. There is no 'superstar DJ' status at our events - everybody is there to have fun. We like it that way!
2. What's the strangest thing you've ever seen happen at one of your events?
A group of 20 people turned up to our Plump DJs show at The Metro wearing plastic floaties (similar to the ones on the cover of 'A Plump Night Out') and they got Lee Plump to sign them! Peculiar indeed!
3. What's been the hardest event or party you've put on to date? What did you find difficult about it?
Field Day, by far. Building a mini city of 10,000 people for one day took months to get off the ground, plan and execute. It was a monumental task, but definitely worth it for the final result. It was a magical day that we, and thousands of others, won't forget.
4. What's been your favourite event or party to date?
On a large scale you couldn't go past Field Day. For a medium-sized event, Parklife featuring Bob Sinclar & DJ Yellow was fantastic and for regular shows we really can't pick between our Fuzzy Breaks parties - they've all had some favourite moments.
5. Most memorable international set?
A toss-up between Jeff Mills, Krafty Kuts, The Freestylers, Erick Morillo - it really is impossible to pin it down!
6. Stand out local set of the last 6 years?
Impossible - there have been literally hundreds! You often get locals playing great sets, for example Q45 played one of the best sets we've ever heard him play before Bentley Rhythm Ace at Yu.
7. What exciting plans do you have for the short term? Are there any new musical avenues you're keen to look into and promote further?
We're pushing on with the breaks and house that we love (and everything in between). Upcoming events include DJ Hyper (Aug 22nd @ Yu) Cash Money (Sept 7th @ The Metro), History of Breaks 3 feat Arthur Baker (Oct 5th @ The Metro), Parklife 4 feat Mark Farina (Sun Oct 6th @ Centennial Park), Spring Break feat Koma & Bones (Oct 19th @ The Metro) and Fuzzy Breaks feat Koma & Bones in Melbourne (Oct 25th @ Seven).
8. If Fuzzy could pick any ideal venue in the world to promote which one would it be?
9. What's been the most obscure "rider" item that you've seen from some of the larger international acts over the years?
Arthur Baker's rider requests fresh salad, asking the chef to 'be creative'. Endorphin's rider asks for a bowl of smarties with the blue ones removed. Apparently at another show he did, some girl gave him a bowl full of blue smarties!
10. Finish this sentence; "In 2003 Fuzzy will... "?
Be sleeping after Field Day on New Years Day