The English DJ/producer will compile the 38th mix in Global Underground's flagship series as well as launching the digital arm of his label.
Entitled GU38: Black Rock Desert after the Nevada location which is used to host the annual Burning Man festival, the mix sees Coxy taking in tracks from Tiefschwarz, Alan Fitzpatrick, Umek, Gui Boratto, Jerome Sydenham and Christian Smith over the course of two discs, both of which were recorded live during his set at the Opulent Temple during this year's Burning Man.
Carl is clearly very enthusiastic about the event, stating that, "It’s people who are there for their own reasons – whether it’s to laugh, to cry, to have sex, to listen to music, whether you want to run around naked, or fully clothed. It doesn't matter if you are a big DJ. It's all about what you want to give. I’ve spent a lot of my own money to play here, but I don’t care. I give people my music and I get back a lot of love. That's enough." While the first disc offers a slightly more progressive take on Cox's usual tribal techno style, the second CD kicks right into a harder mood which should appeal to the more techno-oriented Cox fan.
Right around the mix's release, Cox will also be launching Intec Digital. Cox shut down Intec in 2007, and explains that the relaunch is "a...fresh start. The original Intec stood for something very much of the time, but we’re bringing it back, we're updating it; but with the same team of people, the same passion for new music and the same philosophy." Although the label had been firmly closed over the past couple of years, Cox had still been receiving mountains of music, and was annoyed at the fact that he had no outlet to release them. "I'm all about new music, so I've been playing these tracks in my sets, but I wasn't putting them out, which was a shame. Lots of stuff was lost amongst all the other music and it was frustrating that I couldn't get behind them."
The first Intec Digital release will come from Intec's old A&R man and label manager Jon Rundell, featuring remixes from Marco Bailey and Carl himself. Cox will also be readying his new album for release on the imprint in the middle of 2010, a record which he is calling "the most forward thinking album I've ever made."
01. Tiefschwarz feat. Seth Troxler - Trust
02. Hijacker - Groov 2 (Bushwacka! Mix)
03. Christian Vance - Chase The Night (Craig McWhinney's Soft & Warm Mix)
04. Skylark – Krakatoa (Joel Mull Moodswing Mix)
05. Lee Van Dowski & Glimpse - La Cocina Del Cabron
06. Guy J – Lamur (Henry Saiz Mix Edit)
07. Alan Fitzpatrick - Green Light
08. Lance Bioise & Rod B - Faaktree
09. Onionz - Space Bass
10. Paride Saraceni - New Age Acids
11. Magitman – Cat Skin
12. Fergie - Maktub
13. Joey Beltram – Slice 2010 (Alan Fitzpatrick Remix)
14. Trevor Rockliffe – Move!!
15. Christian Smith - Flyertalk
01. Robbie Rivera – The Main Room Part One
02. Alex Dias – Scientific (Nato Medrado Remix)
03. Count Sinca – Space Cow (Pablo Acenso & Juan Deminicis Mix)
04. Noir – The Off World (Oliver Dahl Remix)
05. Abi Bah - It's A Hybrid (Cari Lekebusch Remix)
06. Tim Baker - Rebirth Of The Saga
07. Joachim Garraud - No Techno In This Room Please
08. Wilson, Smallwood & Ingram - Perfect Sunrise
09. Adam Beyer & Joel Mull - Forming Dies (Jerome Sydenham Remix)
10. Jon Rundell - Damager
11. Umek - Before Violence
12. Steve Mulder – Within Seconds
13. John Dalagelis – Asio (Ananda Project Remix)
14. James Zabiela - Darkness.2
15. Petrae Foy & PJC Project – Long Train
16. Gui Boratto – Take My Breath Away
17. Politeca - What Kind Of World Do You Want?
Global Underground will release GU38: Black Rock Desert on January 25th, 2010.