The new CD features 12 unreleased tracks by the Parisian live act.
"This mix should show how we make music, both alone and with friends or people that inspire us," say the group, who have always straddled the line between live performance and electronic production. Though they release their music like house or techno artists–on 12-inches via labels like Eklo and Circus Company–they are essentially a band, whose ensemble includes vocals, saxophone and keyboard along with electronic beats.
On Watergate 06, the group continues to elude categorization, focusing primarily on their own material but involving many other artists as well. It begins like a live album, with audience noise from one of their shows at Watergate, then courses through a variety of collaborations between dOP and like-minded artists, including Nôze, Wareika and Mathias Kaden, all of which are mixed together like a traditional DJ set. Of all the 13 tracks on the CD, only one was produced without the group's direct involvement: Art of Tones's "Call the Shots (Motor City Drum Ensemble Mix)."
The mix will be followed by a vinyl release, featuring four of the CD's exclusive tracks. In addition to Watergate 06, dOP have announced plans to release their debut album later in 2010.
01. Enliven dOP Acoustic – The Dust (Recorded Live at Watergate)
02. dOP & Nôze – Les Fils du Calvaire
03. Aquarius Heaven & dOP – Before You Go
04. Daniele Papini & dOP – Carte Blanche
05. dOP & Seuil – New York
06. dOP – Stock Option (Tiefschwarz Remix)
07. Mathias Kaden & dOP – The Ceremony
08. Seuil & dOP – Glory Hole
09. Catz & Dogz & dOP – Deaf Wagrant (Selianka Edit)
10. Wareika & dOP – Play Play Play
11. Art of Tones feat. Jaw – Call The Shots (Motor City Drum Ensemble Remix)
12. Khan – Candy Girl (dOP Remix)
13. dOP - Goodbye
Watergate will release dOP's Watergate 06 on June 7, 2010.