The genre-bending artist's new compilation mixes up dubstep, classic house, rockabilly and more.
Known to his friends as Luca Venezia, Drop the Lime has always been a man of many faces: he began his career as a breakbeat artist before moving into more 4/4 oriented sounds, and is currently preparing a surf-rock inspired sophomore album on which he sings and plays guitar. Fabriclive 53 reflects this mosaic of musical styles, veering between dubstep, electro and classic house while fitting in odd selections like "I Want Candy" by The Strangeloves and "Rock Around The Clock" by Bill Haley & His Comets. The mix features a smattering of Venezia's own productions as well, including previously unreleased remixes of Femme En Fourrure and Nouveau Yorican, AKA Laidback Luke and Gina Turner. According to Venezia, the mix is "not necessarily something you want to pump your fist in the air to."
"It’s all over the place," he says. "I really tried to build a rollercoaster of a ride."
01. Supra1 - Ghoster
02. Nouveau Yorican - Jackit (Drop The Lime Remix)
03. Melé - Bombay (Nadastrom Remix)
04. Egyptrixx - Everybody Bleeding
05. Drop The Lime - Thwomp Stomp
06. WAFA - Ewid Disco
07. Drop The Lime - Hot Sauce Grillz
08. Maurice - This Is Acid
09. Untold - Anaconda
10. Autoerotique - Bubonic (Drop The Lime Remix)
11. Berou & Canblaster - Terence Hill (French Fries Remix)
12. Slick Wick Crew - 911 VIP
13. Drop The Lime - Sex Sax (Club Mix)
14. Bill Haley & His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
15. The Strangeloves - I Want Candy
16. Foamo - Centavo
17. Zombies For Money - Kolkata (Sticky Version)
18. Sam Tiba - Barbie Weed
19. Mosca - Square One (L-Vis 1990 Remix)
20. Adonis - No Way Back
21. Femme En Fourrure - Dirty Blonde (Drop The Lime Remix)
22. Tom Piper & Blaze Tripp - Brrrap!
23. Baobinga feat. DJ Nasty - State Of Ghetto Jackin' (TRG Remix)
24. AC Slater feat. Drop The Lime - Calm Down Part 3
25. Little Jinder - Youth Blood (Villa Remix)
26. Drop The Lime feat. Carrie Wilds - Set Me Free (Reso Remix)
Fabric will release Drop the Lime's Fabriclive 53 on October 12th, 2010.