Available for free at upcoming Ostgut Ton parties, the limited edition cassette looks back on five years of the Berlin label.
The cassette is mixed by Ryan Elliott, the Berlin-based American who joined Ostgut Ton's roster earlier this year. Elliott's selections give a comprehensive look at the label's output over the years, beginning with their first 12-inch (Dettmann and Klock's Dawning) and touching on bygone favorites like Ame's "Fiori" and Cassy's remix of Prosumer and Murat Tepeli. The cassette will be available at the release parties for Funf, Ostgut Ton's double-disc anniversary mix. The first such party takes place this Friday, Saturday and Sunday at Berghain, and will be followed late next month by a follow up event at Corsica Studios in London. A unknown number of copies have been given to a few select record stores, but according to label manager Nick Hoppner, "It's a free give away, no mail-order and when it's gone it's gone."
02. Dettmann and Klock - Dawning
03. Marcel Dettmann - Shift (Norman Nodge Remix)
04. Prosumer & Murat Tepeli feat. Elif Bicer - Turn Around (Cassy Smooth Mix)
05. MyMy - Southbound
06. Len Faki - Rainbow Delta
07. Nick Hoppner - Umbrella Pitch
08. Andre Galluzzi and Dana Ruh - Freya
09. Steffi feat. Elif Bicer - Kill Me
10. Ame - Fiori (Club Edit)
02. Marcel Dettmann - Quicksand
03. Tama Sumo & Prosumer - Rarified
04. Shed - Warped Mind
05. L.B Dub Corp - It's What You Feel
06. Brtschitsch - Under
07. Marcel Fengler - Gridlock
08. Planetary Assault Systems - Temporary Suspension
09. Deuce - Cue Ed
10. Barker & Baumecker - The Hole
11. Ben Klock - Napoleon Hill
5 Years in 60 Minutes will be available at select events in Berlin and London this fall.