Jonny White of Art Department will release the Boston duo's mix on his own label, No.19 Music.
The CD caps off a breakthrough year for the Boston duo, during which they put out an armful of 12-inches and notched up dozens of tour dates around the world, including sets in Tokyo, Ibiza and Bar 25's final bash ever. Social Experiment 002 shows their mixing style continuing to evolve, with 24 tunes packed into an hour and 15 minutes. Many of the pair's closest friends make it into the mix, including Gadi Mizrahi of Wolf + Lamb and fellow Bostonians Sergio Santos and Tanner Ross. Art Department, Deniz Kurtel and Benoit & Sergio all contribute previously unreleased tracks, as do Soul Clap themselves. Staying true to form, the CD's overarching style is modern house with a disco sheen.
The compilation will see release on No.19 Music, a Toronto-based imprint run by Art Department member Jonny White. According to a press release, it will be followed by an unmixed album featuring some of the exclusive tracks, but details on that release are still forthcoming.
01. jozif - Beats in Space (Craig Richards Ambient Mix)
02. Jonny White - Rainsong (Rainbeats)
03. Gadi Mizrahi - Hurt Me
04. James Teej - Galaktik Option
05. Soho 808 - Just to See
06. Jonny White and James Teej - Musique Noir (Jamie Jones In and Out Edit)
07. Benoit and Sergio - Principles
08. Tanner Ross feat. Flo Night - 4 U
09. Puente and Rosch - Serious Compassion
10. SECT - H.T.A.D.
11. Michael J Collins - Schizotypal
12. Nightplane - Parallel Lines
13. Jimmy Edgar - Seven Mile (Soul Clap and Sergio Santos Beantown Edit)
14. No Regular Play - Serious Heat (Art Department Remix)
15. Soul Clap - Fried Chicken
16. Miguel Campbell - Kiss and Tell
17. Lee Foss - Foxy
18. Robert James and Burnski - Malibu
19. Art Department feat. Seth Troxler - Living the Life
20. Justin Drake - Cosmic Log
21. Deniz Kurtel - The L Word
22. Teeloo - Sooo oooH
23. jozif - Beats in Space (Craig Richards Ambient Mix)
24. Art Department and Soul Clap - Glen and Boo
No.19 Music will release Social Experiment 002 on February 28th, 2011.