To mark the occasion, Tiga's label will release a handsomely packaged remix compilation next month.
"100 years ago I had a dream: release music I love, with pro graphics, without going bankrupt." Armed with this noble ambition, Tiga founded Turbo in 1998, and has since built it into an internationally known source for cheeky party tunes. Though their catalog is fairly diverse overall, with early mix CDs by Adam Beyer, John Acquaviva and Kenny Glasgow of Art Department, over the years their trademark sound gravitated toward electro and house with a flamboyant pop sheen, as heard on albums from Chromeo, Boys Noize and the Märtini Brös.
This is the tradition of ZZAfrika, the distorted banger that gets remixed for Turbo's 100th record. The package features all new versions of the track, including some by Julio Bashmore, Crowdpleaser and Tomas Andersson, whose bygone anthem "Washing Up" was remixed by Tiga back in 2005. The digital version features a few extra tracks and comes out a day later. True to his word, Tiga outfitted the release in some very pro artwork.
"We will never give up the fight: music we love, dressed for success, format-democratic, NEVER going bankrupt. Climbing to the stars, 300 copies at a time. it's just us and Jack White, motherfuckers... bring on the next 100. See you in 2017."
01. ZZT - ZZafrika (Julio Bashmore Remix)
02. ZZT - ZZafrika (Crowdpleaser Dub)
03. ZZT - ZZafrika (Plein Soleil Remix)
04. ZZT - ZZafrika (Tomas Andersson Remix)
05. ZZT - ZZafrika (Gesaffelstein Remix)
06. ZZT - ZZafrika (Light Year and The Finger Prince Remix)
07. ZZT - ZZafrika (Clouds Remix)
08. ZZT - ZZafrika (Sound Of Stereo Remix)
09. ZZT - ZZafrika (Marseille Remix)
10. ZZT - ZZafrika (Afrojack Rework)[Beatport Exclusive]
10. ZZT - ZZafrika (Crowdpleaser Drums Remix)[Juno Exclusive]
Turbo will release ZZAfrika Remixes digitally on May 31st, 2011, and a day earlier on vinyl.