The drum & bass veteran is next in line for the London club's mix series.
The mix comes nearly two decades into the London-based artist's long and prolific career. Getting his start in the early '90s, Goldie's productions and DJ sets put him at the vanguard of drum & bass throughout the genre's formative years. The same can be said of Metalheadz, the now-classic label he co-founded in 1994 with the duo Kemistry & Storm. Many things have changed since then: drum & bass does not have the same widespread appeal it once did, and Goldie has switched from graffiti to bikram yoga. But according to the man himself, Fabriclive.58 shows him at the top of his game.
"For me, this has probably been one of the best years of my entire life! I'm playing music better than I've ever played before. I'm not claiming to be the best technical DJ, I never have done. For me, I try to get the alchemy right, which I've done on this mix: each of these are standalone tunes... When I think of the D&B tunes on this mix, I think of them as spiritual euphoria, like I've been lifted out of something. This music—this wildstyle music—is not for the faint-hearted."
Goldie will launch the mix this summer at fabric, flanked by a raft of fellow Metalheadz artists. Tickets to that one are available here on RA.
01. Rido feat. Thomas Oliver – Twisted
02. Marcus Intalex feat. S.P.Y. – Celestial Navigation
03. Lenzman – Lasers
04. Need For Mirrors – Lofar
05. Enei – One Chance VIP
06. Subwave & Enei – The Mines
07. S.I.N. & Mutated Forms – Right Now
08. Fresh – The Gatekeeper
09. DJ Hazard – Proteus
10. Critical Impact – Translation
11. Adam F – Metropolis
12. Mutated Forms – Crowlin
13. Jubei – Patience VIP
14. Rido – Focus
15. Basher feat. Xtrah – Convulsions
16. Mutated Forms – Doubts
17. A Sides – One DJ
18. Mark System feat. Youngman – Hold It
19. Icicle feat. Robert Owens – Redemption (Alix Perez Remix)
20. Lenzman – Open Page (Subwave Remix)
21. dBridge – Cornered
22. Jubei – Alignment (Boddika Remix)
23. Mikal – Higher Forces
24. Wickaman & RV – Ev's Dead
25. J Majik & Wickaman – Old Headz
26. Commix – Be True
27. Goldie – Timeless
Fabric will release Fabriclive.58 in July 2011.