Soul Clap, Juan Maclean, Jamie Jones and 13 others contribute exclusive tracks to the new mix on Get Physical.
As a DJ, BBC Radio 1 host and former employee at Phonica Records in London, Heidi's had a firm foothold in clubland for years. She's been throwing Jackathon parties since last fall, beginning in London and Berlin and expanding to other cities around the world, including Paris, Manchester and Miami. As its name suggests, the series is all about classically-rooted, unpretentious house music, and so of course is the mix CD. Bookended by original vocal drops from Chicago legend Derrick Carter, Jackathon packs in 16 tracks by the likes of Soul Clap, Jamie Jones, Juan Maclean and Mat Tolfrey, all of which were made specifically for the mix.
"I asked 16 artists that I admire to make an exclusive track for me as a little gift to the people who have supported what I do-some known, some unknown," Heidi says. "It was also a gift to me, as I had no idea what these artists were going to make me. The result was more than I could have wished for."
01. Derrick Carter - Intro
02. Soul Clap - Incoming Bitch (Get Low!)
03. Waifs & Strays - What You Want
04. Solomun - What The Funk
05. Anja Schneider & And.Id - Imagination
06. DJ T. feat Nick Maurer - High
07. Deetron - The Juggler
08. Juan MacLean - Love In Tatters
09. Darius Syrossian - I Am The Creator Of Jack
10. Lauhaus & Kabale und Liebe feat. WKD - Who Called Kenny?
11. Mathias Kaden feat Gjaezon - Jackathon
12. Camea - We Not In
13. Actor One - March Violets
14. Matt Tolfrey - Whos The Freak
15. Jamie Jones - Whiff It Yawl
16. Boris Werner - Make Me Shine
17. Steve Bug - Jack Is Back
18. Derrick Carter - Outro
Get Physical will release Heidi presents Jackathon on July 25th, 2011.