The eclectic, unmixed collection is due out in March on Gilles Peterson's label, Brownswood Recordings.
Though he was born in Brighton, UK, Kutmah's roots are in LA's instrumental hip-hop scene, where he hobnobbed with artists like Flying Lotus, Ras G and The Gaslamp Killer, and started a night called Sketchbook Sessions, a precursor to the celebrated Low End Theory events. In 2010 he was deported back to the UK, which he fought with a publicity push and a string of parties, but to no avail (he's lived in London ever since).
Worldwide Family Vol.2 demonstrates his eclectic but hip-hop-centered style across 21 unmixed tracks. The track selection is equal parts West Coast and UK, with Brainfeeder's Flying Lotus and Samiyam alongside bass artists like Hudson Mohawke and Doc Daneeka. The shows Kutmah's talents as a visual artist as well: he sketched all of the artwork together with his friend and collaborator Brandy Flower.
01. Mo Kolours - Ridda Mountain
02. Groundislava - Creeper Shit
03. ESMK - Blunt Hopes
04. Seven Davis Jr. - Thanks
05. Slugabed - Sex
06. Sam Irl & Ritornell - Three
07. Dibia$e - Remind Me Somethin'
08. Hudson Mohawke - Are You Feelin' Hot
09. Tehbis - Higher
10. Lapti - Leaving Home
11. Shash'U - LA
12. The Darkhorsemen - Taking Over Empires
13. Samiyam - Medallion
14. Mono/Poly - With Grace
15. Bruce Haack - Ancient Mariner (Jonwayne Remix)
16. Tadd Mullinix - Exchanging Modes
17. Flying Lotus - Samsfav
18. Dakim - Typeofblue
19. Doc Daneeka & Abigail Wyles - Tobyjug
20. Gaby Hernandez - Twin Flame
21. fLako feat Dirg Gerner - Lonely Town
Brownswood Recordings will release Worldwide Family Vol.2 on March 26th, 2012.