The London DJ and producer's first mix CD is due for release in April.
Coles has been one of house music's most popular new artists ever since her breakthrough single, What They Say, came out on Real Tone Records in 2010. At just 24 years old, the London-based DJ and producer is now a hot commodity at clubs and festivals around the world, and last year slipped into the top 10 of your favorite DJs of 2011. DJ-Kicks will be her first commercial mix CD, and according to Coles, shows her at her most diverse.
"I don't just do one thing and I wanted [the mix] to reflect that," she says. "Most of the mixes I've put out there so far have been house based, but I also produce stuff under the Nocturnal Sunshine moniker, which is more two-step/bass influenced stuff. This mix evolved into something that wasn't just four-to-the-floor."
Like every edition of DJ-Kicks, the mix features exclusive tracks from the curator: one is "Not Listening," and the other is "Meant To Be," a track from Coles' more two-step influenced alter-ego, Nocturnal Sunshine.
01. Deft - Loqux & Past
02. Kris Wadsworth - Mainline (Jimmy Edgar Remix)
03. Chasing Kurt - Money
04. Bozzwell - In My Cocoon
05. Larse - Karoo
06. Milscot feat. Angela Sheik - All Alone (Domyan Just Slow Remix)
07. Adam Stacks - Hey Love
08. Phil Kieran & White Noise Sound - Never Believed
09. Sigward - Nuerd
10. Maya Jane Coles - Not Listening
11. Virgo Four - It's a Crime (Caribou Remix)
12. Roberto Bardini - Hate Me (Muteoscillator Fairy Tall Remix)
13. Tripmastaz - Guess Who
14. Standard Fair - Little Helper 16-3
15. Nocturnal Sunshine - Meant to Be
16. Zenker Brothers - Berg 10
17. Last Magpie - No More Stories
18. Zoe Zoe - Church
19. Gerry Read - Roomland (Youandewan Remix)
20. T. Williams - Analog Tour
21. Marcel Dettmann - Translation Two
22. Claro Intelecto - Hunter's Rocket to the Sky
!K7 will release Maya Jane Coles' DJ-Kicks in April 2012.