Ralph Cumbers has a new LP due out on Punch Drunk in April.
The record will be Cumbers' first full-length on Peverelist's label, Punch Drunk, and will mark somewhat of a departure from his past work as Bass Clef. As the moniker suggests, many of his records so far have had a heavy bass slant to them, but Reeling Skullways is more of a house and techno affair. The album is light on samples and heavy on stripped-down 4/4 beats, which according to a press release were produced by means of modular synthesis. The title is lifted from Barefoot In The Head, a psychedelic sci-fi novel by the author Brian Aldiss.
01. Keep Hoping Machine Running
02. Walworth Road Acid Trapdoor
03. Hackney - Chicago - Jupiter
04. Embrace Disaster
05. Electricity Comes from Other Planets
06. Stenaline Metranil Solar Flare
07. Suddenly Alone Together
08. A Rail Is a Road and a Road Is a River
09. Ghost Kicks in the Spiral
Punch Drunk will release Reeling Skullways on April 30th, 2012.