A two-disc retrospective due out in June collects 26 of the Glaswegian duo's original productions and remixes.
Orde Meikle and Stuart McMillan have a long history in electronic music. They co-founded the Glaswegian institution Soma Records, and their production catalog, which stretches all the way back to '91, includes classics like "Positive Education." The past few years have been one of the most productive phases of their career: they've kept up pace with original productions and remixes, and a few years ago launched a new label, Paragraph, to further explore their own sound independent of the Soma brand. Collecting Data focuses on this recent part of their history, bringing together 26 of their own tracks since 2008, plus remixes of artists like Radio Slave, Josh Wink and The Black Dog.
01. Sasha – Coma (Slam Remix)
02. Radio Slave – Bell Clap Dance (Slam Paragraph Remix)
03. Spencer Parker – Untitled Head (Slam RTM House Mix)
04. Slam – We Doin' This Again?
05. Prompt – Evolve (Slam Paragraph Mix)
06. Slam – Heart Of The Soul (Slam's RTM House Mix)
07. Shlomi Aber & Kenny Larkin – Sketches (Slam Remix)
08. Josh Wink – Everybody To The Sun (Slam Paragraph Mix)
09. Slam – What's On Your Mind
10. Paul Ritch – The Wolf (Slam Remix)
11. Dot Allison – Cry (Slam Vocal Remix)
12. The Black Dog – CCTV Nation (Slam Mix)
13. Christian Smith – Pitanga (Slam Remix)
01. Slam – Collecting Data
02. Pan-Pot – Face To Face / Confronted (Slam Paragraph Mix)
03. Slam – Variance
04. Slam – Metro Noir
05. Secret Cinema – Timeless Altitude (Slam Paragraph Remix)
06. Slam – Hot Knives
07. Slam – Dead Dog Bounce
08. Slam – Maffaking
09. Alex Under – El Alma del Tiempo (Slam Paragraph Remix)
10. Slam – Area 51
11. Slam – Chasing Shadows
12. Slam – Crowded Room
13. Slam – City Destroyer (Part 1)
Soma Records will release Collecting Data on June 25th, 2012.