The Rinse FM DJ is next in line for fabric's mix series.
These days Oneman, real name Steve Bishop, is a regular presence at clubs and festivals across Europe, but his roots are very firmly in radio, from his early days listening to Kiss FM and pirate stations to his current slot on Rinse. By his own description, Fabriclive 64 is a relatively unfussy mix that's not overly concerned with presenting the newest of the new.
"The beginning of the mix is kind of a throwback to 2010," he says, "where I felt this UK funky sound really started developing into another darker strand of UK dance music. The rest is really a mix of 128-134 BPM music through the years; there's some old Locked On garage classics in there too... I never really think out these things too much, it just has to make sense when I listen back to it."
As usual, the mix's release party will take place at fabric, with Oneman headlining Room 2 alongside Loefah, Artwork and Kode9, who will play a special garage set.
01. Mark Pritchard - ?
02. Fis-T - Night Hunter
03. Grievous Angel - Move Down Low VIP
04. SBTRKT - 2020
05. Groove Connektion 2 - Club Lonely (Dem 2 Lonely Vocal Remix)
06. Mosca - Gold Bricks, I See You
07. Lando Kal - Further
08. Doubleheart - Salsa
09. Pearson Sound - Untitled
10. MikeQ - The Ha Dub Rewerk'd
11. Nu-Birth - Anytime
12. Bok Bok & Tom Trago - Vector
13. Joy Orbison - The Shrew Would Have Cushioned The Blow
14. Distance - Feel Me
15. Boddika - Soul What VIP
16. Basement Jaxx - Red Alert (Steve Gurley Mix)
17. Girl Unit - Wut (Claude Vonstroke's Butt Naked Mix)
18. Joy Orbison - Ellipsis [Hinge Finger]
19. Ce Ce Peniston - Somebody Else's Guy (Tuff Jam's Classic Garage)
20. Teeth - Shawty VIP
21. Ed Case - Something In Your Eyes (Underground Solution Mix)
22. Thefft - Switch
23. Youngstar - Pulse Y Remix
24. Burial - Etched Headplate
Fabric Records will release Fabriclive 64 on July 16th, 2012.