The upcoming release features tracks from Huxley, Sascha Dive and Virgo Four, plus a mix by label head Kevin Griffiths.
Run by DJ and producer Kevin Griffiths, Tsuba is a London-based label that specializes in understated but effective deep house grooves. For the past few years they've been occasionally releasing 12-inches on coloured vinyl, some of which are limited edition and vinyl-only (though some have been available digitally too). Colours Volume One brings together ten of these tracks, including original productions from Sascha Dive, Moodymanc and Huxley, and remixes from Steffi, Agnes and Merwyn of Virgo Four. All of the tracks appear in their original form and in an hour-long mix by Griffiths. The sleeve design features a commissioned painting by London artists Matt & Dan that makes use of each colour in the series.
01. Kevin Griffiths - Cantona Kung Fu (Original Mix)
02. Moodymanc - Black Paint (Larry Heard's After Dark Mix)
03. Sascha Dive - Jus Groove (Original Mix)
04. Jordan Peak - Kinda Fine (Steffi Mix)
05. Mic Newman - Knickerbocker (Original Mix)
06. Huxley - Cobourg (Agnes Mix)
07. Moodymanc - Thumbs Up (Original Mix)
08. Ethyl & Huxley - Haiku Da Niente (Original Mix)
09. Moodymanc - Melanchronic (Original Mix)
10. Sascha Dive - Deja Vu (Virgo Four Merwyn Strings Mix)
11. Kevin Griffiths - Cantona Kung Fu (Sascha Dive's Chicago Blue Chucaracha Dub)
Tsuba Records will release Colours Volume One in September 2012.