The Parisian trio will deliver the next edition of the London club's mix series.
Although the trio of Dan Ghenacia, Dyed Soundorom and Shonky only officially formed Apollonia in 2012, they've been close friends and collaborators for more than a decade. The call their music "black music and white soul," citing Prince as a primary inspiration (the name Apollonia comes from one of the Purple One's many female muses). Since joining forces, they've launched their own record label and toured heavily, playing back-to-back-to-back sets at clubs across the globe.
fabric 70 was recorded over a six-week period at the outfit's Berlin studio earlier this year. "The mix is a reflection about of our culture and how we play, and it's a really good mirror of who we are and what we do, mixing the old school stuff that fits in really well at the moment, with some brand new music," they say. They've included two new Apollonia tracks made specifically for the mix—"Trinidad" and "Visa Americain"—as well as a mixture of '90s deep house from the likes of Mood II Swing and newer material from The Mole and Ryan Elliott.
01. El Prevost feat. D.Ham - Allez Ally
02. Trus'me - Nards (Ryan Elliott Remix)
03. Apollonia - Trinidad
04. The Mole - Bleep Blop Robot
05. Nail - I've Been There
06. Daze Maxim - Farbfilm (Dyed Soundorom Remix)
07. Funk E - Masa de Fatza
08. Eduardo De La Calle - The Guy From Hackney
09. Mood II Swing feat. John Ciafone - Ohh
10. DeWalta & Frieder Klaris - Fromsidetoside
11. Mazi - Scene Shifter
12. Môme - Control (Tevo Howard Remix)
13. Apollonia - Visa Americain
14. Philipp Boston - Night Chime
15. Masomenos / Ark / Cabanne - Bronze Septembre
16. Grimes Adhesif - Fearless Fun
17. Callisto - Need Ur Love (Stalactite Mix)
fabric will release fabric 70 on June 17th, 2013.