The French DJ and producer will bring together 15 tracks from his label's catalog, including one taken from an upcoming collaborative EP with Cassy.
Bass Culture has its roots in D'Julz's residency (of the same name) at Rex Club, which is the longest-running night at that Paris hotspot. The label has championed house that's heavy on the low-end since it launched in late 2009, and it looks to keep going strong into 2014, with a collaborative EP from D'Julz and Rex Club resident Cassy—Bass Culture's 40th record—in the works.
This Is Bass Culture, to be issued in mixed, digital-only formats, is made of fifteen tracks in all. Twelve are from the label's back catalog, with efforts from artists like DJ Qu, Franco Cinelli, Mr G and D'Julz himself, in solo mode. Three more—Cassy and D'Julz's "What U See In Me" along with cuts from Chris Simmonds and Mr Tophat & Art Alfie—are unreleased but upcoming.
If you need something to tide you over until late January, you can stream this six-hour recording of Cassy and D'Julz sharing the decks at Rex Club back in August. And for fans in Paris, the next Bass Culture night, featuring Daniel Bell, happens this Saturday night.
01. Kasper - Jaia (Fred P. Remix)
02. Joel Alter - Rules Of Love (DJ Qu Remix)
03. Joel Alter - Silence Is Golden
04. Rio Padice - Deeptstation
05. Mr Tophat & Art Alfie - Ressle's Restroom
06. John Jastszebski - Work
07. Franco Cinelli - Home
08. Chris Simmonds - The Way U Want 2 B (instrumental mix)
09. Anonym - Lov Is Easy (D'Julz Edit)
10. Cassy & D'Julz - What U See in Me
11. D'Julz - Da Madness (2013 mix)
12. The Analog Cops & Alex Picone - Out Of Passion
13. Mr G - Got That Swing
14. Mr G - Sunday Blues (Kasper Remix)
15. Oleg Poliakov - Besides
Bass Culture will release This Is Bass Culture: 4 Years Of Bass Culture Records Mixed By D'Julz on January 24th, 2014.