The Eglo soul singer's long-awaited debut album, which features Floating Points and Theo Parrish on production duties, will land in May.
The record features a number of tracks produced by Floating Points—"Biggest Joke Of All," "Talk" and "Gave Me My Name"—and one cut, "Do Better," that was originally laid down by Theo Parrish before being reworked by Floating Points and the Eglo ensemble. Several other artists have production credits on Yellow Memories: Oh No, Computer Jay, Scoop Deville, KNX and Flako. Two of the Flako-produced tracks, "Family" and "La Neta," have already been released as a single by Eglo.
Fatima, who moved to London from Sweden a few years back but now calls New York home, has been a staple of the Eglo roster since 2010. Yellow Memories will be released on CD, digital and vinyl formats. The official album launch party will take place at London's Jazz Cafe on Tuesday, May 6th, with additional live dates also scheduled in Manchester, Leeds, Southport and Stockholm, as well as Dimensions festival in Croatia.
Fatima recently dropped by RA HQ in London to perform "Gave Me My Name" as part of our Sessions series.
01. Do Better (Produced by Floating Points)
02. Technology (Produced by Oh No)
03. Circle (Produced by Computer Jay)
04. Sun Star Solar
05. Ridin Round (Sky High) (Produced by Scoop Deville)
06. Family (Produced by Flako)
07. La Neta (Produced by Flako)
08. Biggest Joke Of All (Produced by Floating Points)
09. Underwater (Produced by KNX)
10. Rest In Peace
11. Talk (Produced by Floating Points)
12. Gave Me My Name (Produced by Floating Points)
Eglo will release Yellow Memories on May 12th, 2014.