The Lisbon label's next release will land in July.
Led by 20-year-old Puto Márcio, the Tia Maria crew also features three teenagers: 19-year-old DJ B.Boy, and DJ Télio and DJ Lycox, both 17. Unlike many Lisbon music crews, they're not bound by neighbourhood; Márcio comes from north Lisbon, while the other three come from the city's south. (Both Márcio and Lycox are both living in France these days.)
The EP's title translates as "It's like we won't die anymore." In keeping with Príncipe's M.O., the record is wilfully adventurous, combining furious percussion, marimba rhythms, colourful bleeps and vocal snippets. It'll come out in July on digital and vinyl formats.
For more insight into Príncipe and the fertile Lisbon dance scene, check out Ryan Keeling's in-depth feature, published earlier this year.
01. 7 Maravilhas (Damas da Cor do Pecado) (produced by DJ Télio)
02. Tempo da Vida (produced by DJ Ly-coOx)
03. Moh Cota (produced by DJ b.bOy)
04. Underground (produced by DJ Ly-coOx)
05. Hino da Noite (produced by DJ b.bOy & Puto Márcio)
06. Tia Maria da Vida (produced by Puto Márcio)
Príncipe will release Tá Tipo Já Não Vamos Morrer in July 2014.