The London favourite's selection includes tracks by Claro Intelecto, Todd Osborn and Saint Etienne.
The Phantasy Sound head is one of London's most respected DJs, with the influence of his Trash night in the late '90s and early '00s still lingering. His selection features a sprinkling of tracks from Phantasy artists (including Chemical Brothers member Tom Rowlands), and labels like Running Back, L.I.E.S., Delsin and Cómeme. The mix finishes with Alkan playing off one of his own tracks, "A Hold On Love," against Saint Etienne's "Only Love Can Break Your Heart."
"I certainly didn't want this mix to be a flyer or advert for me as a DJ," Alkan says. "I feel this mix is quite specific to fabric as they are all records I would want to play in that environment." He adds: "Even though I have had the benefit of playing all three rooms on a regular basis, this mix feels like it was designed for Room One. It's influenced by the sight lines from the perspective behind the decks, the lights, the fact that sometimes all you can see are hands reaching into the booth, as well as those behind you dancing alone in the corners."
The Fabriclive 77 launch party will take place at fabric on Friday, September 12th, with Rub N Tug, The Emperor Machine and Dark Circles joining Alkan in Room One.
01. Maurice & Charles - Sofa Love (Jamie Paton Remix)
02. Cowboy Rhythmbox - We Got The Box
03. Carisma - Talento Matemático
04. The Emperor Machine - RMI Is All I Want (Erol Alkan's Extended Rework)
05. Manfredas - Square Lights (Zongamin Remix Take 2)
06. Phreak - Acid On
07. Erol Alkan - Sub Conscious
08. Andre Bratten - Trommer og Bass
09. Tom Rowlands - Through Me
10. Fumes - Jack2000
11. Victor Shan - How You Want It (Shan's Warehouse Version)
12. Boot & Tax - Acido
13. Erol Alkan - Bang
14. Ben Jenkins - K3M
15. Todd Osborn - Put Your Weight On It (Chicago Mix)
16. Voiski - From White To Red
17. Claro Intelecto - Tone
18. Ghost Culture - Red Smoke
19. Daywalker + CF - Supersonic Transport
20. Erol Alkan - A Hold On Love + Saint Etienne - Only Love Can Break Your Heart
Fabric Records will release Fabriclive 77 on September 22nd, 2014.