Kenji Takimi's label will issue the second Crue-L Cafe compilation in October.
Tokyo underground staple Kenji Takimi has been operating Crue-L since 1992. Within that period, he's released records from oddball Japanese pop producers like Cornelius and Buffalo Daughter while forging ties with like-minded international jocks such as DJ Harvey and Theo Parrish. The Sound Signature boss turns in an 18-minute remix of Takimi's group, Crue-L Grand Orchestra, to end the forthcoming collection.
True to form, Crue-L Cafe II contains a mix of Japanese acts such as fusion unit 9dw and label regulars Being Borings, along with contributions from a global group of label associates, including Italian duo Crimea X, Ukranian producer Vakula, Lee Douglas and Justin Vandervolgen's TBD and Los Angeles-based house head Magic Touch. The set follows 2012's Crue-L Cafe.
Listen to Magic Touch & Laura Ingalls' "New York City Woman" below.
01. Tomoki Kanda - Everybody Wants To Rule The World (Hikaru& Miyashita's Naha City Free Feel 2 Edit)
02. Crue-L Grand Orchestra Vs TBD - Barbarella's Disco
03. Magic Touch & Laura Ingalls - New York City Woman
04. Fran-Key - Soredesho
05. The Beauty - Do You Remember The First Time
06. Being Borings - LolloL (Crimea X Remix)
07. 9dw - Bassa Marea
08. Crystal - Heavenly Overtone (Vakula Remix)
09. Crue-L Grand Orchestra - (You Are) More Than Paradise (Theo Parrish Translation Long Version 2)
Crue-L Records will release Crue-L Cafe II on October 10th, 2015.