The Australian festival has ended its national tour with another drug-related fatality.
Stefan Woodward was rushed to the Royal Adelaide Hospital on the evening of Saturday, December 5th, where he later died. On the same day, Police released a photo of two orange pills found on Woodward which they say may have lead to his death. Stereosonic posted a message on Facebook asking attendees "to please be responsible, look out for each other and don't be afraid to ask for help if needed. Do not gamble with your life today."
The news follows a similar tragedy at the opening leg in Sydney the previous weekend when 25-year-old pharmacist Sylvia Choi also died from a suspected overdose. The fatalities have sparked public debate over making drug testing available at dance events, with a number of voices from the music industry speaking speaking in support of the idea.
A petition was launched by Adrianna Buccianti, whose son Daniel died at Rainbow Serpent Festival 2012. The petition urges NSW Premier Mike Baird to introduce drug checking services, saying that "too many kids are dying."