Andy Cato and Tom Findlay's 26-track selection is coming out in May.
Fabriclive 87 is due out May 20th and sees Andy Cato and Tom Findlay mixing together 26 tracks from the likes of Move D, Skudge, Chez Damier, Nicole Moudaber, Tiga and Bicep. (The duo's own cut "Stevie Latenight" also makes it in.) "It's in Room 3 [at fabric] that we effectively wrote 'Superstylin',' or at least the idea for that track took serious shape," the duo say. "They were magical times, really. It's been amazing returning to the club, a sense of coming home. A lot of the people involved when we first played there are still involved, so it felt easy to come back, it’s an overused description but fabric is family."
The pair add: "The mix happened between a Stoke Newington basement and a disused barn near Toulouse. As always for mixes, the preparation was thorough. That's a leftover from the era of the mixtape. Mixtapes were the stuff of life, a currency for getting gigs, girlfriends, or just distributing amongst mates for the love of it. But once you pressed record, everything had to be bang on for 45 minutes. There was no take two, no FX, no computer touch up. The flow and tuning of the tracks had to be right. But once you've done your homework, there comes the moment when the lights go off, the volume goes up and you do it for real. It doesn't have to be perfect, but it has to be human and have a vibe." You can listen to clips over at the fabric website.
The launch party is happening at fabric on May 27th. Full details are still TBA.
01. Craig Smith & The Revenge - The Soul Part II
02. Flashmob - Don’t Leave (Instrumental Dub)
03. Kolja Gerstenberg - Sand (Move D Remix)
04. Reset Robot - On Your Knees
05. Essence - Moments In House (Full Effect Mix - DJ T. Edit)
06. Doc Daneeka - One For Pidge
07. Hexxy - Edging
08. Julien Sandre & Los Pastores - One More Time (Onno Remix)
09. Chez Damier - Untitled A1
10. Burnski - Your Love (Steve O’Sullivan Remix)
11. The Revenge - Incredible Shellsuit
12. Nicole Moudaber - Can I Get Some
13. Tiga - Plush (Dixon Re-Rub)
14. The Black 80s - Move On (Hollis P Monroe & Wrong Jeremy Mix)
15. Josh Wink - 516 Acid (Chicken Lips Acido Ze Boogie Mix)
16. Brassfoot - We Made It Out The Hood Ma
17. Skudge - Convolution
18. Anek & Medeew & Chicks Luv Us - Shake
19. Ross Evans - Let it Go
20. Pezzner - Prey (Fred Everything Re-Beat)
21. Digitaria feat. Clarian - Favourite Addiction (Groove Armada’s Dub Creation)
+ Acid Mondays - Interstellar Cake (Richy Ahmed Remix)
22. Aster - Cielo (Bicep Remix II)
23. Rick (Poppa) Howard - Can Your Love Find Its Way
24. Groove Armada - Stevie Latenight
25. Moon B - Starfight
26. Khan - On The Run (DJ Kaos &Me Remix)
Fabric Records will release Fabriclive 87 on May 20th, 2016.
Photo credit: Jimmy Mould