The Rush Hour boss has collaborated with the label to select 12 highlights from São Paulo's music scene.
The 12-track release is a collaboration between Rush Hour man Antal Heitlager and Goma Gringa, a new label based in São Paulo run by Frédéric Thiphagne and Matthieu Hebrand. Rush Hour says the compilation picks highlights from "considered landmarks in Brazilian music of the 21st century"—including albums from Juçara Marçal, Metá Metá, Rodrigo Campos, Thiago França and Vicente Barreto. Sonically, we're told these artists "dismantle traditional patterns whether they be from samba, jazz, rock, afrobeat or MPB." You can hear clips over at the Rush Hour website. You can also read a Q&A with Thiphagne and Hebrand here.
This week Rush Hour announced details of a new compilation series, with Hunee handling the first edition. He'll be followed by Antal and Thomas Gesthuizen.
01. Thiago Franca - Na Multidão
02. Metá Metá - Rainha Das Cabecas
03. Rodrigo Campos - Velho Amarelo
04. Rodrigo Campos feat. Criolo - Ribeirão
05. Juçara Marçal - Pena Mais Que Perfeita
06. Vicente Barreto - Karina
07. Metá Metá - Cobra Rasteira
08. Rodrigo Campos - Abraço De Ozu
09. Thiago Franca - Space Charanga - Abdu
10. Metá Metá - Obatalá
11. Metá Metá - Oranian
12. Rodrigo Campos - Os olhos dela
Goma Gringa will release Desconstrução on September 1st, 2016.