The Running Back boss includes tunes from Traumprinz, John Talabot and Joe Claussell in his 16-track selection.
"Recording mixes is always very painful for me—especially if I know that someone is going to spend money on it," says the Running Back founder. "My self-confidence as a DJ is at gutter level, and doing one for fabric, as part of a series amongst the best of the best, is quite intimidating. Plus, it's a club, so I shied away from my tried-and-tested mixtape method of boring people for the first 74 minutes. I ended up choosing some records that I played and enjoyed a lot over the last few months in a party context, mingled them with some exclusives and up-and-coming ones and tried to eternise the valleys and the mountains of a 12-hour-long epic journey onto one silver disc."
Janson opens his mix with Luke Abbott's remix of "Snooze 4 Love" by Todd Terje, before working his way through 15 more tunes by the likes of Traumprinz, Joe Claussell and HMC. Dotted around the tracklist are exclusives from John Talabot, Shan, Boddika & Joy Orbison and Prins Thomas.
You can hear clips over at the fabric website. The launch party is happening at fabric on Saturday, July 30th, with Janson joined in room one by Radio Slave and Scott Grooves. Tickets are available here on RA.
01. Todd Terje - Snooze 4 Love (Luke Abbott Remix)
02. John Talabot - Voices (fabric Edit)
03. Traumprinz - Love Yeah
04. Shan - The City Never Sleeps
05. Boddika & Joy Orbison - Severed Seven
06. Mateo Murphy - Apex
07. Geeeman - Wanna Go Bang (Catz 'N Dogz Edit)
08. Q-Burns Abstract Message - Mess Of Afros (Glenn Underground Remix)
09. Inner Sense - MoTP
10. Mike Ash - Return To Acid
11. Nick Höppner - Relate (The Black Madonna Remix)
12. HMC - Marauder
13. Joe Claussell - Rhythm
14. Roger Van Lunteren - Hills, I Want You
15. Scott Grooves - Finished
16. Caribou - Sun (Prins Thomas Diskomiks)
Fabric Records will release fabric 89 on August 19th, 2016.