The Kompakt boss worked with the likes of Roman Flügel and Prins Thomas for the LP.
& is the Kompakt founder's first full-length away from his own label, landing on !K7 instead. It comes after 2012's Mantasy, and as the name hints, is an altogether more collaborative affair—Mayer worked with a different artist for every single track on the album, inspired by his experience playing back-to-back DJ sets in 2015.
"All of those involved are good friends of mine," Mayer says. "These people mean a lot to me—and by that the music we produced together is heart-driven and emotionally powered."
Mayer works with Kompakt regulars like Kölsch and Gui Boratto, as well as co-founder Wolfgang Voigt (alongside his brother, Reinhard Voigt, and Jörg Burger). Miss Kittin, Joe Goddard and Friendly Fires' Ed Macfarlane all provide vocals, while Roman Flügel, Agoria, Barnt and experimental musician Hauschka appear as well, the latter for a "baroque rave whopper" in the words of Mayer himself.
Listen to the Barnt collaboration, "Und Da Stehen Fremde Menschen."
01. We Like To Party feat. Roman Flügel
02. Disco Dancers feat. Burger / Voigt & Voigt
03. State Of The Nation feat. Gui Boratto
04. Mind Games feat. Ed Macfarlane
05. Gemination feat. Kölsch
06. Voyage Interieur feat. Miss Kittin
07. For You feat. Joe Goddard
08. Blackbird Has Spoken feat. Agoria
09. La Compostela feat. Hauschka
10. Comfort Me feat. Prins Thomas & Irene Kalisvaart
11. Und Da Stehen Fremde Menschen feat. Barnt
12. Cicadelia feat. Andrew Thomas
!K7 will release & on October 28th, 2016.