The 14-track collection, which came out on tape earlier this year, shines light on the rapid-fire sounds of Tanzanian singeli.
Sounds Of Sisso, which came out on cassette and digital formats in June, focuses on singeli, an emerging strain of electronic music that's surfaced in Tanzania's capital city, Dar Es Salaam. Singeli developed out of several other micro-scenes (including mchiriku, sebene and segere) and features sped-up beats and MC lyrics. Listen to clips over at Boomkat.
This week we published a feature about Nyege Nyege and the blossoming East African electronic music scene.
01. Bwax Ft. S Kide - Baba Animata Natafuta Kiki
02. Dogo Suma Lupozi - Kazi Ya Mungu Haina Makosa
03. Dogo Niga - Polisi
04. Dogo Mudiy - Ndugulawama
05. Mzee Wa Bwax - Mshamba Wa Kideo
06. Dogo Niga - Kimbau Mbau
07. Ganzi Mdudu - Chafu Pozi
08. Dogo Niga - Nikwite Nan
09. Mzee Wa Bwax - Mshamba Video Mster
10. Makaveli - Nammiliki
11. Maseke, Pasopa And Mako - Roho Inauma
12. Csso - Shobo
13. Dogo Niga aka Bobani -Tenanatena
14. Suma - TMK
Nyege Nyege Tapes released Sounds Of Sisso on December 7th, 2017.