Canadian electro synth-popper Tiga kicks off the first of four dates in America tonight...
Tiga first pricked up eyes and ears with his campy remix of Corey Hart's 'Sunglasses at Night' and Nelly's 'Hot in Herre'. In February, he released his debut longplayer 'Sexor', an album of electro synth-pop that featured him singing on almost every track. Produced with Stephen and David Dewaele (aka mash-up kings 2 Many DJs) and Swedish techno producer Jesper Dahlbäck, it also included guest vocals by Jake Shears from the Scissor Sisters.
Although known for his campy take on electro and techno, as Tiga's latest chart shows, these days he's also partial to minimal techno and electrohouse.
Tiga Top 10 September 2006
1. Zombie Nation - Black Toys LP - UKW
2. Sebastian - Walkman - Ed Banger
3. Marc Houle - Kicker - Spaceships & Pings
4. Robbie Williams - Love Light (Soulwax Ravelight remix)
5. Mathew Johnson - Sub-Atomic - Cocoon
6. d.i.m. - Sysiphos - Turbo
7. Tiga - 3 Weeks (Booka Shade Remix) - PIAS
8. Booka Shade - In White Rooms (M.A.N.D.Y. Remix) - Get Physical
9. B1 - Kaliber - Kaliber 04
10. Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancing (Erol Alkan's Carnival Of
Light Remix) - Polydor
Tiga kicks off a short tour of America tonight with the first of four DJ dates in Chicago. He'll also play DJ sets in New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Tiga US Tour Dates
Sept 27 Smart Bar, Chicago
Sept 28 Hiro Ballroom, New York City
Sept 29 Forbidden, Los Angeles
Sept 30 Mighty, San Francisco