Triple-time DMC world champ DJ Craze cuts and scratches his way through B-more club, hip hop and drum'n'bass on the latest volume of the Fabriclive series.
From the beginning, Craze, a.k.a Aristh Delgado, knew he wanted to be a DJ. “My mom always taught me I could do anything I put my mind to. So when she asked what I wanted to do with my turntables, I told her, ‘Be the best DJ in the world,’" explains Craze. But unlike many teenagers, Craze actually gave his ambitions his best shot. After blitzing his way through the regional and national DMC turntablist championships, Craze went onto to become world champion (the first of three times) snatching the crown from a fifteen-year-old A-Trak no less. The pair later went on to form the formidable battle crew The Allies. As a producer, Craze is also known for his battle 12" series 'Bully Breaks' as well as hip hop and drum'n'bass cuts on rated labels such as Chocolate Industries, Virus and Ninja Tunes.
These days Craze's sets are more club-focused. His 74-minute Fabriclive mix finds room for hip hop, booty house, electro, Baltimore club and even soul in amongst the turntable wizardry with cuts from Chromeo, Switch, Cool Kids, Bangers and Cash, and DJ Blaqstarr. Craze on his canon for Fabriclive, "I’m mixing up a lot of styles—I have some freestyle tracks on there, some bass tracks on there, I’m putting ‘Ho Fo Sho’ on there, I’ve got some hip hop tracks on at the beginning...I wanted it to be a dance, club, mixed up sound – but not mashup. It’s just more fun club stuff, some Klever stuff in there, some of Sinden’s stuff in there...and it’s all scratched up. I’ll try to do the whole turntablist thing. I can’t do a mix where it’s just tracks playing."
01. Craze – Intro Ft. Armanni Reign - Craze
02. N.O.R.E. – Set It Off Ft. Swizz Beatz and J. Ru$$ - Babygrande
03. Cool Kids – I Rock – Chocolate Industries
04. Cool Kids – Black Mags – Chocolate Industries
05 Bangers and Cash – Loose – Downtown
06. Tuff Crew – My Part Of Town - Warlock
07. Jan Hammer – Miami Vice Theme - Universal
08. Miami Jam Crew – Pretty Girls – Midtown
DJ Blaqstarr – Shake It To The Ground Ft. Rye Rye (Acapella) – Mad Decent
09. Lushus – Ho Fo Sho - Craze
10. The Beat Club – Security - Warners
11. Chromeo – Bonafied Lovin’ (Eli Escobar Remix Ft. Pase Rock) – Back Yard
12. Treasure Fingers – Cross The Dancefloor – Treasure Fingers
13. DJ Blaqstarr – Supastarr – Mad Decent
14. Coldcut – True Skool Ft. Roots Manuva (Switch Remix) – Ninja Tune
15. Earth, Wind and Fire – Brazilian Rhyme - Sony
16. Armand Van Helden – I Want Your Soul – Ministry Of Sound
17. Debbie Deb – When I Hear Music – Pandisc
18. Magic Mike – Magic Mike Cutz The Record – Cheetah
19. Quadrant Six – Body Mechanic - Atlantic
20. DJ Laz – Red Alert – Pandisc
21. Fresh Celeste and M4 Sers – Give It All To Me – JR Records
22. Bangers And Cash – Shake That - Downtown
23. The Pase Rock – Lindsay Lohan’s Revenge (Klever Remix) – Fully Fitted
24. Kazey & Bulldog – Big Truck – Dress-2-Sweat
25. The Chemical Brothers – Get Yourself High (Switches Rely On Rub) – EMI
26. Kid Sister – Pro Nails Remix feat. Kanye West – Fools Gold
27. DJ Assault – Pushin’ (Deekline, Wizard & Freq Nasty Mix) - Rat
'Fabriclive 38' mixed by DJ Craze lands on the doorstep of FabricFirst members on February 2, 2008. It arrives in stores worldwide on February 11, 2008 save for those in the U.S, who have to hold out until March 11, 2008.