Domino Records will release the Scottish duo's newest CD in October.
Entitled Sleepwalk, JD Twitch and JG Wilkes will once again be testing the outer limits of the DJ mix by taking in people as varied as Nurse With Wound, Lee Hazlewood, Duke Ellington and forgotten folkie Karen Dalton. In fact, the closest thing to actual "dance music" is a track from Arthur Russell and ambient music from Cluster and Eno, Moebius and Roedelius. Then again, that's exactly the sort of thing that Optimo has been doing each Sunday at their celebrated Sub Club night.
01. Chris Watson - No Man's Land (Extract)
02. Nurse With Wound - Funeral Music For Perez Prado
03. Coil - A Cold Cell in Bangkok (Exclusive mix by Peter Christopherson)
04. Tuxedomoon - In a Manner of Speaking
05. Eden Ahbez - La Mer
06. Raymond Scott - Sleepy Time
07. Cluster - Sowiesoso
08. Eno, Moebius and Roedelius - Broken Head
09. Arthur Russell - This Is How We Walk on the Moon
10. Damon - Don't You Feel Me?
11. Karen Dalton - Something On Your Mind
12. Duke Ellington - Moonbow
13. Future Pilot AKA - Terry Bina
14. Mulatu Astatke - Yègellé Tezeta
15. Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Nashville Blues
16. Lee Hazlewood - Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On
17. Wall of Voodoo - Ring of Fire
18. Chris and Cosey - Sweet Surprise
19. The Lady Vanishes - Sleepwalk
Domino will release Optimo's Sleepwalking on October 27, 2008.