The San Francisco DJ/producer is next in line for the celebrated mix series.
The Dirtybird label head is the 46th act to mix it up in the studio for the venerated night club and, according to the San Francisco-based DJ/producer, it's very much a studio mix. "Everything is really tailored; the tracks aren't really the tracks, it is all cut up, chopped and twisted." Over the course of the disc, we get more than 20 tracks with many of them blended together seamlessly enough that they don't even warrant a track index. The biggest surprise, though? For a guy known for such banging and messy sets, there are two Stimming tracks—the Diynamic artist best known for heartstring-pulling tech house.
VonStroke explains it thusly: "It's challenging to do a project that has to say everything in such a small time frame because I play a lot of genres….I wanted to create a greasy, dirty vibe but also get melancholy and funky—a little hard here, a little soft there. I picked the best music I could find and put it together in a creative way that fully represents my sound and personality."
01. Ekkohaus feat. R. Wurz – Cry Baby / Ekkohaus feat. Mensa – The Healer
02. Claude VonStroke & Bootsy Collins - Yabadabadooza
03. Rob Van Valen – Trampen
04. Holger Zilske – Mes Yeux
05. Detroit Grand Puhbas - Big Onion (Joakim Remix) / Roman Salanger - Galaxius
06. DJ Deeon – Shake It / Isomer Transitions - Downtime in the Hangar
07. Stimming - After Eight
08. Peter Lauer - Free Entry for Girls (Robag Whrume's Drikkibass Remix)
09. Voodeux - Just A Spoonful
10. Italoboyz – Bla Bla Bla
11. Varoslav feat DOP. - Inside Ways (Boris Werner. Remix)
12. Kiki – Immortal (Instrumental Dub)
13. Xpansul & Daweed - Pilsnerd / Marc Houle – Dirty Dirty
14. Dinamoe – Maceo / Clara Moto feat. Mimu – Silently
15. James Braun - Symphonia
16. Donk Boys – One Tooth Missing
17. Robag Whrume - Guppipepitsche
18. ICS – Espagnol
19. Markus Schatz - Running / Catz N' Dogz – SF
20. Marc Miroir - Kraft
21. Stimming - One Weekend
22. Claude VonStroke – Aundy
Fabric will release Claude VonStroke's Fabric 46 on May 11 in the UK and on June 2 in the US.