The KISS FM host's reggae-heavy mix is slated for release next month.
With a DJ career spanning back to the late '70s, Rodigan has long been a leading figure in the world of reggae, dancehall and dub. His love of music began at the age of 15 when he saw Millie perform the track "My Boy Lollipop" on the TV show Ready Steady Go! In the decades since, he's been inducted into the Reggae Hall of fame, played countless sound systems and hosted radio shows on Radio London, Captial Radio and finally Kiss FM, where he currently hosts the Sunday night slot from 11pm to 1am.
On Fabriclive 54, Rodigan does his best to dig up the hidden gems that even avid dub and reggae fans may not have heard. "I deliberately avoided the obvious tracks which have appeared repeatedly on reggae compilation albums over the years," he says. "fabric, the club, and Fabric the record label, is at the cutting edge of music and so I wanted to uphold that legacy with my album."
01. Augustus Pablo - King Tubby Meets Rockers Uptown
02. Big Youth - Waterhouse Rock
03. Alborosie - Kingston Town
04. Etana - August Town
05. Chezidek - Borderline
06. Romain Virgo - Live Mi Life
07. Cham - Ghetto Story
08. Super Cat - Don Dada
09. Pinchers - Bandelero
10. Prince Alla - Bucket Bottom
11. King Tubby - Roots Of Dub
12. Joe Gibbs & Errol T - He Prayed (Dubbed)
13. Tenor Saw - Ring The Alarm
14. Mr Vegas & Konshens - Help Me Praise Jahoviah
15. Bitty McLean - Plead My Cause
16. Beres Hammond - Can You Play Some More
17. Cadenza - Stop That Train
18. Sly, Robbie, Lenky & The Maximum Sound Crew - Black Board
19. Shaggy - Church Heathen
20. Collie Buddz - Come Around
21. Million Stylez - Police In Helicopter
Fabric will release David Rodigan's Fabriclive 54 on November 15th, 2010.