The scratch-happy DJ's latest mix features Commix, Skream, Markus Intalex and more than 20 others.
DJ Marky has had a long career behind the decks, leading him from Sao Paulo parties in the '90s to London's club scene near the turn of the millennium. He's shared the booth with some of jungle and drum & bass's finest, including the likes of Goldie and DJ Hype. But doing a mix for fabric has long been a goal for the Brazilian DJ. "When I got offered to work with fabric, the first thing I asked was; 'When do I get to do a CD?" he says. "Within a day of being asked to do the mix, I'd recorded it."
With cuts from Lynx, Commix, S.P.Y. and Skream among others, Fabriclive55 looks like a burner. But according to Marky, fans of his blistering club style should be expect something a bit more subtle than usual. "It's for a different time and place, for listening to at home maybe, with your friends having a beer or a glass of wine."
01. S.P.Y. - By Your Side
02. dRamatic & dbAudio - Rolling Times
03. DJ Marky & S.P.Y. - Yellow Shoes
04. Die & Interface feat. William Cartwright - Bright Lights (Rollers Mix)
05. Lynx - Chess Funk
06. Fierce & Vicious Circle - Section
07. Klute - Will You Still Love Me?
08. Makoto & Deeizm - Untold
09. Calibre - Even If
10. 8-Bits & Q-Project - T1
11. Logistics with IllSkillz - Notes From The Block
12. Heavy 1 - Millers
13. Icicle - Nowhere
14. Skream - Motorway
15. Marcus Intalex - Steady
16. Siren - Control
17. S.P.Y. - Hotspot
18. Nymfo - Matchstick V.I.P.
19. Break - Time After Time
20. DJ Marky & S.P.Y. - Brainstorm
21. Culture Shock - Cathedral
22. Commix - Double Double
23. Marcus Intalex & S.P.Y. - Paulista Dub
24. DJ Marky & S.P.Y. - Mystic Sunset
Fabric will release Fabriclive.55 on January 17th, 2011.