The new mix will be the last for Dixon and the series.
The Berlin DJ and producer was a natural choice for Robert Johnson's mix series. He's been a resident at the Offenbach club for years, and has brought a fresh and unusual approach to some of his mixes in the past, most notably The Grandfather Paradox, his collaborative effort with Âme and Henrik Schwarz. The new mix shows him at his least conventional, holding back the kick drum for the entire first half as he weaves through kosmische and ambient pieces. By the end, though, he's easing into club mode, dropping a few of his own edits and closing with Todd Terje's "Snooze 4 Love," a staple of his recent DJ sets.
According to a press release, the mix CD will be the last for Dixon as well as Live at Robert Johnson, both of whom feel the format has run its course. From here on out, LARJ will only release EPs and unmixed compilations, "free of the rules that tempo, blending and arrangements dictate." Dixon, meanwhile, will focus entirely on his club sets, productions and his label, Innervisions. In the span of its three-year run, the Live at Robert Johnson series has featured acclaimed mixes by Prins Thomas, Roman Flugel, club founder Ata and Gerd Janson & Thomas Hammann among others.
Live at Robert Johnson Vol.8 will be available in a regular jewel case or in a limited edition box set with additional placeholders for the past three editions.
01. P. Éladan - Morgenthal (Dixon Edit)
02. Ursula Bogner - 2 Ton
03. Dominique - He Said
04. Hauschka - Wonder
05. Barnt - Collection (Dixon Edit)
06. Agoria - For One Hour (feat. Scalde)
07. Hatikvah - Big Mind
08. Kenton Slash Demon - Daemon (Axel Boman Dub Remix / Dixon Edit)
09. Cologne Tape - Render 2 (Magazine Edit)
10. Mark E - Call Me (Dixon Edit)
11. Roman Flügel - Dishes & Wishes
12. Bruno Gauthier - Existing Reality
13. Osunlade - Envision (Âme Remix / Dixon Edit)
14. Todd Terje - Snooze 4 Love
Live at Robert Johnson will release Live At Robert Johnson Vol.8 on September 12th, 2011.