Fred P's new three-part album features guest appearances from Lady Blaktronica and Minako among others.
Whichever moniker he happens to be using, Fred Peterkin always pushes an impressionistic and emotionally involved style of deep house, occasionally bordering on techno. As Black Jazz Consortium, he anchors this sound with subtle elements of jazz: noodling organs, sampled horns and the like. Codes and Metaphors shows him teaming up with a cast of soulful vocalists, including Minako and former Breaking Through artist Lady Blacktronika. The album's three parts will be released in October, December and February on the New York artist's own label, Soul People Music. Each part features three original tracks plus one remix, from Simbad, Jus-Ed and Aybee, respectively.
01. Free Your Mind Feat Minako
02. Science and Art
03. Kleem Feat Minako
04. Free Your Mind Feat Minako (Simbad Remix)
01. Your Love Feat Lady Blaktronica
02. Heat Rocks
03. Be and Not Know Feat Christina Wheeler
04. Your Love Feat Lady Blaktronica (Jus-Ed Remix)
02. Love Is Feat Malena Perez
03. Even Greater
04. Love Is Feat Malena Perez (Aybee Remix)
Soul People Music will release parts 1 and 2 of Codes and Metaphors on October 3rd and December 6th, 2012. Part 3 will come out on February 4th, 2013.