Norm Talley, John Talabot and Emptyset all feature on the UK-born selector's forthcoming CD.
Cassy Britton's status as a DJ is hard to rival: she currently holds residencies at four top clubs—Panorama Bar, Trouw, Rex Club and Output—and used to work behind the counter at famed Berlin record shop Hard Wax. "The tracks on the mix all represent what I love about electronic music, and what I love playing," she says. "Simply, each track is individually beautiful–there is not much more to add." Her 17-track effort includes tracks from Norm Talley, John Talabot, Basic Soul Unit, Emptyset and Marco Zenker among others.
fabric 71 will be Cassy's fourth commercially released mix, following 2006's Panorama Bar 01 and two subsequent efforts for Cocoon. She adds: "The project has come at a perfect time for me in terms of me being able to communicate where I am at artistically. I have aimed to get back to the roots of what this should be about for every DJ—namely playing records for the love of playing records—and not because of anything else." The CD launch party will take place at fabric in London on Saturday, August 17th, with Cassy playing alongside Craig Richards, Basic Soul Unit and more.
01. Arttu feat. Diamondancer - Tune In
02. Kuumba Project - Black Thoughts (Tribal Mix)
03. Livio Imrprota - Mare010
04. Norm Talley - Tell Me (Late Night Creeper Mix)
05. Italojohnson - A1
06. Alex Cortex - Oh Yeah
07. Freestyle Man - Meeting At Dawn
08. Basic Soul Unit - Basic Necessity
09. John Talabot - When The Past Was Present (Pachanga Boys Blue Remix)
10. Basic Soul Unit - For Some
11. Affie Yusuf - Bring You Techno
12. Losoul - Brain Of Glass
13. Marco Zenker - Landwehr
14. Emptyset - Completely Gone
15. Benjamin Damage - 010x
16. Adam Marshall - Thelon (Todd Sines Mix)
17. Duster Valentine - (My Back Is) Against The Wall
Fabric Records will release fabric 71 on August 19th, 2013.