The Swiss DJ's selection features tracks from Galaxy 2 Galaxy, Redshape, Atoms For Peace and Nils Frahm.
The Swiss selector's 28-track effort covers a lot of ground stylistically, working through some classic Chicago and Detroit cuts from DJ Sneak, Gemini, Galaxy 2 Galaxy and E-Dancer, techno from Function, Redshape and Marcel Dettmann, contemporary UK music by Joe, Four Tet and Terror Danjah, Nils Frahm's neo-classical and Atoms For Peace's more pop-tinged fare.
"I basically followed the pleasure principle when approaching the mix," he says. "I started to pick my favourite pieces of dance music regardless of age or sub-genre and didn't really begin to structure the mix until all the tracks had been cleared, except for one. So as I began to throw the tracks together as spontaneously as possible, the structure of the mix began to take shape.
"I did a single take before I recorded the final version of the mix as it is now in order to keep it as lively and representative of a live DJ set as possible. I don't think I've enjoyed myself as much working on a mix in the studio before."
The launch party for fabric 76 will take place at fabric on Saturday, June 28th. Deetron will play, with support from Craig Richards, Redshape, Will Saul, Terry Francis and Slam.
01. Johnny Blas - Picadillo (Carl Craig's Breakdown Version)
02. Jaime Read - Timewave
03. Baba Stiltz - Palats
04. SoulPhiction - Mind & Body
05. DJ Sneak - Who's Knocking
06. Juxta Position - Mercy
07. Redshape - Finizh
08. Ripperton - Searchin 4 You
09. Greg Beato - Who’s The Licho In Charge Ovaa Here
10. Tom Trago - Elite
11. Seven Davis Jr. - One
12. Galaxy 2 Galaxy - Timeline
13. Afefe Iku feat. Osunlade - Bodydrummin
14. Marquis Hawkes - Honey Kisses
15. Gemini - New Style Of
16. Presk - Rais
17. Ondo Fudd - There Will Be A Time
18. Four Tet & Terror Danjah - Nasty
19. Seiji - More Of You
20. E-Dancer - The Move
21. Moderat - Bad Kingdom (Marcel Dettmann Remix)
22. Caribou - Irene
23. Joe - Slope
24. Atoms For Peace - Before Your Very Eyes…
25. Function - Falling The Same Way (Dommune Version)
26. Design A Wave - Weird F
27. Juxta Position - Mercy (Loop)
28. Nils Frahm - Says
fabric will release fabric 76 on June 16th, 2014.