The UK artist draws on the likes of Nils Frahm, Four Tet and Bibio in his mix.
Hopkins, who charted in the top live acts of 2014 poll on RA, has used music from the likes of Darkstar, Teebs, Nils Frahm, Letherette, Four Tet and Bibio in his mix. He rounds out the selection with an exclusive poem by Brian Eno collaborator Rick Holland.
"Putting this album together was a unique opportunity for me to present music that I have been listening to for years, free from the constraints of a club setting or from trying to stick to one genre," Hopkins says.
"I chose tracks not just because they have been important to me but because of how they sit together, putting as much thought into the transitions and overall narrative as I did into the track choices. I mixed by key and by texture more than anything else, using original sound design, pivot notes, and often recording new synth or piano parts to link things together in a way that flows as naturally as possible."
Listen to a sampler for the mix below.
01. Ben Lukas Boysen - Sleepers Beat Theme
02. Darkstar - Hold Me Down
03. HolyOther - YrLove
04. Teebs - Verbena Tea with Rebekah Raff
05. Nils Frahm - More
06. Songs Of Green Pheasant - I Am Daylights
07. Jonsi & Alex Daniell - In The Sea
08. Evenings - Babe
09. Letherette - After Dawn
10. Jon Hopkins - I Remember (Yeasayer cover version)
11. David Holmes - Hey Maggy
12. Alela Diane - Lady Divine
13. Four Tet - Gillie Amma I Love You
14. School Of Seven Bells - Connjur
15. Peter Broderick - And It's Alright (Nils Frahm Remix)
16. Health - Before Tigers (Gold Panda Remix)
17. Last Days - Missing Photos
18. Bibio - Down To The Sound
19. A Winged Victory For The Sullen - Requiem For The Static King 1
20. Helios - Emancipation
21. Rick Holland - I Remember (Exclusive Spoken Word Piece)
LateNightTales will release LateNightTales: Jon Hopkins on March 1st, 2015.