The rising UK producer's mix CD, out in March, comprises mostly unreleased material.
Fabriclive 80 is Jack Adams' second major mix CD in just under a year, following last summer's Pinch B2B Mumdance, which took the number three spot in our list of the best mixes of 2014. He's also seen a profile boost in terms of productions, landing a hit with last year's "Take Time" and working closely with grime producer Logos. With plenty of productions from those two (who have a collaborative album on the way) along with selections from Strict Face, Inkke and Acre, the disc outlines the so-called weightless sound Adams has helped to pioneer. There's also more abstract selections from the likes of Helm and Wanda Group and even a bit of bleep techno.
Most of the tracks on Fabriclive 80 were commissioned exclusively for the CD. "I wanted my Fabriclive mix to represent what I would play in fabric and also what you might hear on my Rinse FM show, essentially collecting as many of my favourite producers into one place and presenting it a coherent manner," Adams says. "I wanted to reflect my past & present, as well as peering into the future. I’ve made a conscious decision to focus on interesting rhythms and drum arrangements, moving away from more conventional 4x4 drum patterns."
01. Shapednoise - Travels In The Universe Of The Soul
02. @c - Ninety-Nine (Remix for Mumdance)
03. Jefre Cantu-Ledesma - Untitled
04. Fis - Branch Light
05. Sculpture - Fabrication II
06. Sweet Exorcist - Testsix (Toneappella)
07. Mite - Cemetery Seance
08. Logos - Glass
09. Pinch - Water Bomb
10. Untold - Doff (VIP)
11. Acre - No Signal
12. Mumdance & Logos - Hall Of Mirrors
13. Mumdance & Logos - In Reverse PIV
14. Mumdance & Logos - Cold
15. Helm - Outerzone
16. Wanda Group - Piano In The Corner Of The Room
17. Strict Face - Rushed
18. Mumdance, Logos & Rabit - Inside The Catacomb
19. Inkke - Choong (Devil Mix)
20. Novelist x Mumdance - 1 Sec (FABRICLIVE VIP)
21. Mumdance feat. Riko - Take Time VIP
22. Eastwood & Oddz - Coalition
23. Jon E Cash - Kamikaze
24. Bass Selective - Blow Out Part II
25. Fat Controller - In Complete Darkness
26. Jimmy J & Cru-l-t - Six Days
27. Ramos & Supreme - The Journey Part 1
Fabric Records will release Fabriclive 80 on March 16th, 2015.