The duo pay tribute to their home city's electronic music scene on a forthcoming compilation.
Stuart McMillan and Orde Meikle describe the release as "a musical documentation" of their hometown, Glasgow, with 15 cuts spanning ambient compositions and clubby techno. Established producers like Harvey Mckay, Gary Beck, Edit Select and Hans Bouffmyhre feature alongside emerging acts like Clouds, Deepbass and Dexterous. Slam chip in a track of their own ("Friction") and collaborate with Gary Beck on "Pressure Lights."
Transmissions: Glasgow is the first major release from Slam following a landmark 2014 in which they celebrated the 400th record on Soma Records and released an ambient album called Reverse Proceed.
Listen to a snippet of "Pressure Lights" below.
And stream Slam's RA Exchange from 2014:
01. Edit Select - iN1
02. Puddledub – Circling
03. Dextrous – Station To Station
04. Complex Emotional Response – Decay Constant
05. Deepbass – Themis
06. Edit Select – Resurface
07. Petrichor – State Of Function
08. Harvey McKay – Alpha 4
09. Echoplex – The Glass Test
10. Slam – Friction
11. Gary Beck – Tomorrow You Know
12. Hans Bouffmyhre – Right Of Passage
13. Slam & Gary Beck – Pressure Lights
14. Quail – Blunt
15. Clouds – Duke Street Fleet
Soma will release Transmissions: Glasgow on June 29th, 2015.