The 15-track collection was inspired by the label's playlists for music to listen to in the early hours.
The concept started as a Spotify playlist that "runs the gamut as far as genre is concerned, but all of the songs are perfect to listen to in the early hours of the day, whether it's while you're getting ready for work or just getting back to the club." The LA label was taken by the response to the playlist and made Up Too Early into a full-fledged compilation featuring 15 new tracks in the same vein from label regulars and some outside artists, too. King Britt, Prefuse 73, Anenon, Daedelus and Baths are among those that appear, along with Kyson, Robot Koch and Braille.
Ahead of the full compilation's release in January, the label has shared a 5-track EP of highlights that you can listen to now. You can also check out the King Britt track over in the New Tracks section.
01. Goldmund - Thread
02. Kyson - Wattle Rise
03. Anenon - Sonora
04. The Album Leaf - Eleven
05. Robot Koch - Harps At Midnight
06. Daedelus - Morning Melody
07. Baths - Big World
08. Pavlov - We Lost Another Sundown
09. Jeppe Kjellberg - I Ask
10. Clive Tanaka - Empty Sidecar
11. Prefuse 73 - A Sword In The Rain
12. Jensen Sportag - Levitation Dream
13. Gilligan Moss - Mirror Mantra
14. Braille & Calmer - Turn The Tables
15. King Britt - 9.11 (Dreamers)
Friends Of Friends will release Up Too Early on January 13th, 2017.