Shabazz Palaces, Ras G, Daddy G and King Britt all reinterpret tracks from the 2016 LP.
The LP is more than a conventional remix collection—it also contains covers and reinterpretations of album tracks, as well as original music. It features a broad selection of experimental-leaning artists, from Hyperdub producer King Britt to Massive Attack founder Daddy G and the Seattle hip-hop group Shabazz Palaces. The Nigerian drummer and songwriter Tony Allen also features on "Etherwave," a new Gonjasufi track that's included in the collection.
The title is a reference to a recent phenomenon in which those affected "claim to be living in a reality slightly different from the one they remember," the label writes. The terms was coined after large groups of people falsely remembered that Nelson Mandela had died in prison in South Africa—when in fact he lived until 2013.
01. (x) (Intro)
02. Show (Beth Gibbons/Rustin Man Cover)
03. Your Maker (Daddy G Remix)
04. Afrikan Spaceship (Shabazz Palaces Rework)
05. Maniac Depressant (Perera Elsewhere Remix)
06. When I Die (IMD Remix)
07. (y) (interlude)
08. The Conspiracy (Santino Romeri Remix)
09. Your Maker (Anna Wise Remaker)
10. Afrikan Spaceship (Ras G Ghettoscifi Remix)
11. Maniac Depressant (Innsyter Remix)
12. Vinaigrette (Dave Parley Remix)
13. Afrikan Spaceship (King Britt Rework)
14. The Kill (Moor Mother Remix)
15. Etherwave feat. Tony Allen
16. (z) (Outro)
The Mandela Effect is out now on Warp Records.