The 17-track set features music by Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith, Kara-Lis Coverdale and Sarah Davachi—plus an exclusive cover by Sam Shepherd himself.
Sam Shepherd pulls from "global soul, ambient, jazz and folk" genres on the 17-track mix, according to the press release. It features four new tracks, including one from Floating points himself: a cover of Kenny Wheeler's "The Sweet Time Suite, Part I - Opening." Sarah Davachi, Toshimaru Nakamura and Lauren Laverne also contribute exclusive material, plus music by Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith, British jazz trio Azimuth and recent RA feature star Kara-Lis Coverdale.
"The music is a selection of the kind of records I play to set the tone when DJing all night long," said Shepherd.
Revisit Stephen Titmus's 2015 feature on Floating Points.
01. Sarah Davachi - Untitled, Live In Portland (Excerpt)
02. Carlos Walker - Via Láctea
03. The Rationals - Glowin'
04. William S. Fischer - Chains
05. Max Roach - Equipoise
06. Abu Talib (Bobby Wright) - Blood Of An American
07. Sweet & Innocent - Express Your Love
08. Robert Vanderbilt & The Foundation Of Souls - A Message Especially From God
09. The Defaulters - Gentle Man
10. Alain Bellaïche - Sun Blues
11. Alain Bellaïche - Sea Fluorescent
12. Kara-Lis Coverdale - Moments In Love (Excerpt)
13. Azimuth - The Tunnel
14. Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith - Milk (Excerpt)
15. Toshimaru Nakamura - Nimb#59
16. Floating Points - The Sweet Time Suite, Part I - Opening (Exclusive Kenny Wheeler Cover Version)
17. Lauren Laverne - Ah! Why, Because The Dazzling Sun
Late Night Tales will release Late Night Tales: Floating Points on March 29th, 2019.