We've gathered some useful resources for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic and the people who want to help them.
Various online resources have sprung up in the wake of cancellations currently decimating the live music sector. We've compiled them here.
• RA has put together a guide to setting up a livestream.
• Cherie Hu has compiled a virtual music events directory that lists existing events, explains how to hold your own virtual events and also links to emergency funds for artists affected by COVID-19's impact on the music industry.
• Martyn has set up an online mentoring programme for budding artists. For $40 per month, take part in monthly group sessions based around a tailor-made curriculum, plus other perks. More info here.
• Austrian festival Elevate has archived all of its discourse content from this year's edition. Catch up on discussions about climate change and human consciousness, plus talks with world-renowned thinkers, activists and artists.
• Dutch initiatives RE:VIVE and SAE Institute are hosting a virtual workshop on the basics of sound design on Saturday, March 28th. Spaces have already filled up, but keep checking back for more workshops.
Watch and listen
• The Warehouse Project will be hosting a live Q&A with Disclosure this Friday, April 3rd, at 6 PM BST. Submit your questions before Wednesday, the 1st, at 12 PM BST here.
• Light In The Attic has announced a live stream on April 3rd to benefit MusiCare's COVID-19 relief fund. The lineup features the likes of Marcos Valle, Gigi Masin and Inoyama Land. See the rest of the lineup here, and tune in at 4 PM PST via Twitch or Youtube.
• Amsterdam-based booking agency Octopus Agents is hosting live streams by some of its roster. Legowelt kicked things off last week with this hardware jam. Keep an eye on Facebook for updates.
• Berlin-based online platform HÖR is still running as usual, with sets by local DJs from Monday through Friday. Check Facebook for daily schedules.
• Every day at 3 PM CEST, Italian techno don Freddy K is uploading a new radio show to SoundCloud. Catch up on past episodes.
• Classic Album Sundays has revealed a programme of free online events, including listening sessions, live interviews, podcasts and radio shows. Get the full rundown here.
• Autechre have taken to playing tunes 12 hours a day via Mixlr. Tune in here.
• Tokyo club Contact, which officially closed this week, will host four livestream events from March 27th through April 4th.
• After 1.5 million people tuned in for last week's virtual festival, Defected is hosting another online stream this Friday, March 27th, this time from artists' homes and studios. It'll last six hours, with sets from Folamour, Karizma, Melé and Riva Starr, plus more TBA. They hosted their first 12-hour virtual festival on Friday, March 20th, with sets from Monki, Dan Shake and more streamed live from London's Ministry Of Sound via YouTube and Facebook Live.
• Beatport are hosting a 24-hour virtual event called ReConnect on Friday, March 27th, from 9 PM CET. Carl Cox, Bonobo, Chris Liebing, A-Trak and Nora En Pure are among those set to DJ.
• DJ EZ is playing another non-stop 24-hour livestream this weekend, starting at 6 PM GMT on Saturday, March 28th, co-hosted by My Kind Deed and Boiler Room. Find more details here.
• Clubcommission Berlin and Reclaim Club Culture launched the world's "biggest digital club" on March 18th. Different venues around the city will host the stream, starting at 7 PM CET each night. As well as DJ sets and live performances, there will be discussions, presentations and films related to club culture. Viewers will be asked for voluntarily donations, which will go towards supporting the roughly 9,000 nightlife employees currently left with little or no work. Head to the website for more info.
• London-based sex-positive party Crossbreed will move its April 12th party with Massimiliano Pagliara and founder Kiwi online via Zoom. Details on tickets and dress code are here.
• Rainbow Disco Club are hosting a livestream event on April 18th, the day its now-cancelled festival was supposed to take place, from the festival site in Chubu. The lineup features DJ Nobu, Kenji Takimi, Yoshinori Hayashi and more.
• New York club Nowadays "Virtually Nowadays" programming is rolling into week two. Among this week's highlights include a rekordbox organization workshop with Ciel, an Octotrak tutorial with Relaxer and DJ sets from the likes of Ben UFO, Jasmine Infiniti and MoMa Ready. See the schedule on Nowadays Instagram and tune into programming on the club's website from 8 PM EST every night. Support the venue on Patreon to watch past sessions.
• Virtual parties have been popping up elsewhere in the New York scene. In addition to Nowadays, The Lot Radio's Dave P is hosting a six-hour "Transcendental Social Distancing" show at a TBA space in partnership with Klip Collective this Saturday night at 8 PM EST. And local favourites Toribio, sspurgee, Noah Prebish and Carlos Palacio will raise money for independent artists by DJing from their living rooms. Keep an eye out on your favorite NY-based artists for more.
• Amsterdam club Radio Radio is hosting livestreams daily on its own new platform. There's an option to donate to charity, the venue and the local community. Most DJs sets will come from those that were booked to play in the coming months, including Carista, Elias Mazian and Arif.
• Amsterdam's Audio Obscura is hosting a series of livestreams from Saturday, March 21st, through Tuesday, the 24th, to raise money for WHO. Tune in here.
• Milan crew Tempio del Futuro Perduto is hosting a livestream to break the world record for longest DJ set. It starts tonight, March 20th, at 9 PM CET, and running through April 3rd.
• Tealer is launching Lockdown Festival Saturday, March 21th, through May 4th.
• Livestream festival Cuarentena Fest will broadcast from March 16th through 27th out of the participating artists' homes throughout Spain. See the schedule here.
• Boiler Room has launched a new live series streaming direct from artists' homes. Each show will include a donate button, with all proceeds going to The Global FoodBanking Network.
• Billing itself as "Sydney's first online nightclub," Room 2 Radio launched on March 20th, with local artists Thomas Gray & Liam Ebbs, Deepa, Dame and more broadcasting from 8 PM AEDT via Facebook Live. Keep checking back for future sessions.
• KLO is another "livestream club," which "opened" on Saturday, March 21st. Tune in here.
• White Label Radio have launched a livestream series of "Antivirus" parties.
• Coma will be hosting a series of livestreams to raise money for Trussell Trust. Find more information here
• Philadelphia-based sound artist Saapato has been hosting virtual sound baths to raise money for charity. (There'll be a new charity each session, with past ones donating to No Kid Hungry and MANNA.) Check his Instagram to find details on how to join the next session.
• Hot Mass in Pittsburgh hosted a livestream from the intimate club on March 21st. A selection of the club's residents—Jarrett Tebbets, Clark Price, Alex Price, Naeem, Father Of Two and Boo Lean—DJ'd, with donations being gathered for out-of-work staff. Watch it back and keep checking for future streaming sessions here.
• Hamburg club Uebel & Gefährlich hosted a livestream on March 20th. Look out for more to come.
• Black Coffee inaugurated Bandsintown's new Twitch stream, where more livestream events are still to come.
• Many artists are also hosting their own livestreams. Keep an eye on your favorite's social media. Already streaming: Laurent Garnier, Addison Groove, Peach, Shanti Celeste & Saoirse, Benny Rodrigues., TOKiMONSTA, Nicolás Jaar, James Blake, François K.
• Amir Alexander hosted a livestream from St. Petersburg, Florida, AKA The Sunshine City, on March 26th. All money raised via donations go towards local, out-of-work nightlife professionals. More info here.
More ways to help: offer and receive support, donate, buy music and merch.
Read our feature to hear from people across the dance music community about how COVID-19 is affecting them. Plus, here are some ideas on what to watch, read and do at home while self-isolating.
We will continue updating this post as more resources appear. Please email [email protected] with any suggestions.
Find the latest COVID-19 statistics on this interactive map created by Johns Hopkins University.
Mar 18 The Lot Radio: Making Time TRA.., TBA - New York, New York Mar 20 Virtual Friday: Aurora Halal & DJ Py.., Nowadays, New York Mar 21 weeeirdos AT KLO Livestream, KLO, Berlin Mar 21 Virtual Insanity: A Live Strea.., TBA - New York, New York Mar 26 Amir Alexander Sunshine City Liv.., TBA - Tampa, Tampa Bay